National Consumer Law Information
Information for Maryland Residents/Tenants
- NEW: Maryland Multi-Housing Association Statement on Renter Protections (Link opens a PDF)
- FHFA Moves to Provide Eviction Suspension Relief for Renters in Multifamily Properties
- In The Court of Appeals Of Maryland, Administrative Order on Suspension of Foreclosures and Evictions During The COVID-19 Emergency (Link opens a PDF)
- Governor Hogan’s Executive Order Temporarily Prohibiting Evictions of Tenants Suffering Substantial Loss of Income Due to COVID-19 (Link opens a PDF)
- Governor Hogan’s Executive Order Prohibiting Termination of Residential Services and Late Fees (Link opens a PDF)
- MD Department of Aging’s Senior Call Check Program: Seniors can use the Senior Call Check program as a resource during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Senior Call Check phone lines are open M-F 8am-5pm and Sat 9am-3pm. During these hours, seniors can call toll-free 1-866-50-CHECK or register online any time.
- Baltimore City Asset Map: Information on food distribution sites for seniors and children, grocery hours for seniors, urgent care clinics.
- Marylanders Serving Marylanders: Resources During the Coronavirus
- Maryland Health Connection has opened a special enrollment period until April 15. If you do not have health insurance, you can sign up during this time.
- FAQ on Maryland Unemployment Insurance Benefits and COVID-19 from Maryland DLLR
Information for Rental Housing Providers
(Courtesy Maryland Multi-Housing Association)
- Governor Hogan’s OLC: Interpretive Guidance on Non-essential Businesses (3/23/2020)
- National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) Coronavirus Preparedness for Apartment Firms
- NAA COVID-19 Guidance And Latest News
- MMHA’s Operational Tips for Getting Through COVID-19
Information for Maryland Business Owners
- COVID-19 Layoff Aversion Fund – Workforce Development and Adult Learning
- Maryland Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Loan Fund
- Maryland Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant Fund
- Maryland COVID-19 Emergency Relief Manufacturing Fund (Information expected March 27, 2020)
- Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Assistance Information